This support article has expired. Please view our new support console.
|6.2 How to Set Up phpBB Discussion Forums|
|You can use phpBB to create an interactive community on your website. It can be integrated into your website or be used as a stand-alone feature. Set up phpBB discussion forums from the Site Tools menu tab.|
- Click the Site Tools menu tab.
- Click the PHPBB icon.
- Click the Add New button.
- Enter a directory name.
- Select the domain name to which you'd like to install the forum.
- Click the Add button.
- Onscreen you will see a listing for your new forum, with the web address you can use to access it. Typically you would link to this address from your website homepage.
Once you have added a forum you will want to configure it for your needs.
- Click the Admin button adjacent to the phpBB forum you just installed.
- You wil be prompted for a Username and Password. This information was e-mailed to you during installation.
- By default phpBB is ready to be used right away.
Use the sidebar administration links to setup your forum name and other options.
|Notes: Install your phpBB discussion forum to the default directory "phpbb". The administrative password is e-mailed to the admin contact on the account.||